Sunday, December 13, 2009

Playing around with little glass squares...


Salam alaykoum! I 've been selling some mosaic pieces on Christmas market on South Bank for the last couple of days, sharing a stall with other artists and young crafty people. I'm really enjoying it! I started mosaics last month and really caught the bug. I've been experimenting with various materials, from the glass tiles to smalti, using porcelain bits, mirrors, buttons, and whatever i can recycle really. Here are a couple of the ones I'm selling. I might post a step by step tutorial at some point, because the results are really worth the time! Mosaics are really versatile, not too time consuming and great fun! They also make great little personalized gifts. Anyway, here are my first trials, and Insha Allah I'll come back with more.


1 comment:

  1. Assalamu aleikum sister, love your mosaics, I had a former co-worker who worked with mosaics. If you do decide to perform a tutorial, I'd like to see it. Take care and keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete